The lineup for the 2015 Playboy Jazz Festival has been announced.
The iconic festival returns to the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles once again with an impressive roster of headliners that includes Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Aloe Blacc, Tower of Power and Snarky Puppy.
The festival will also feature the Blue Note Records supergroup Our Point of View, which includes Robert Glasper, Derrick Hodge, Kendrick Scott, Lionel Loueke, Marcus Strickland and Ambrose Akinmusire.
The festival takes place on Saturday, June 13 and Sunday, June 14, with the festivities kicking off at 3pm and wrapping up around 11pm. Comedian George Lopez will return as the Master of Ceremonies at the event for the third consecutive year. Before Lopez, Bill Cosby had hosted the event from 1979 through to 2012.
For ticketing information, visit the Playboy Jazz Festival Website:
2015 Playboy Jazz Festival Lineup:
Saturday, June 13:
- Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter and the Monk Institute of Jazz Performance Ensemble
- Eddie Palmieri Afro-Caribbean Jazz Band with special invited guests Ronnie Cuber, Alfredo De La Fe, Donald Harrison, Joe Locke
- Aloe Blacc
- Tower of Power
- Jason Moran‘s Fats Waller Dance Party
- Celebrating Gerald Wilson Orchestra under the direction of Anthony Wilson
- Melissa Aldana & Crash Trio
- Morgan James
- A Sacred Steel Love Supreme: The Campbell Brothers Present “A Love Supreme”
- Los Angeles County High School for the Arts Vocal Jazz Ensemble under the direction of Pat Bass
Sunday, June 14:
- Terence Blanchard E-Collective
- The Dizzy Gillespie Big Band under the direction of John Lee
- Snarky Puppy
- King Sunny Ade and his African Beats
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band
- Blue Note 75th Anniversary Presents: Our Point of View featuring Robert Glasper, Derrick Hodge, Kendrick Scott, Lionel Loueke, Marcus Strickland and Ambrose Akinmusire
- The Jones Family Singers
- The LAUSD/Beyond the Bell All-City Jazz Big Band under the direction of Tony White and J.B. Dyas
Have your say! Leave a comment below: